Use the CapnoTrainer® for observing, identifying, teaching, and
learning new breathing behavioral patterns.
- Pinpoint optimal breathing mechanics for acid-base balance.
- Discover the triggers for good and bad breathing patterns.
- See how thoughts, moods, and emotions are changed by breathing.
- Learn how mental and physical performance is altered by breathing.
- Evaluate the effects of breathing on learning, memory, and attention.
- See how breathing behavior and defensiveness may be related.
- Examine how pain, injury, discomfort, and breathing may be linked.
- Discover how breathing may be mediating unexplained symptoms.
- Test for anaerobic threshold during fitness training by monitoring CO2.
- Use breathing as a way of exploring awareness and consciousness.
- Learn what good and bad breathing behaviors feel like.
- Help people overcome their fears about breathing.
- Teach embracement through breathing and heart variability training.
- Learn to breathe intuitively, inside-out, rather than prescriptively, outside-in.
If you are an educator, trainer, coach, counselor, or clinician use the
CapnoTrainer® as a teaching and learning tool.
peak performance training, relaxation training, attention training,
alertness training, meditation, patient education, stress management,
childbirth training, motivational training, public speaking, learning
enhancement, anxiety management (e.g., testing), anger management, mastering
performance challenges (e.g., in aviation), athletic training, and breathing
training of all kinds.
The CapnoTrainer® is an educational instrument designed for learning
good breathing behavior, and is not intended for diagnosis and/or treatment
of symptoms and deficits.
Learned breathing behaviors may trigger, exacerbate, perpetuate, or
a wide variety of symptoms, deficits, and complaints:
shortness of breath, breathlessness, chest tightness/pressure, chest pain,
feelings of suffocation, sweaty palms, cold hands, tingling of the skin,
numbness, heart palpitations, irregular heart beat, anxiety, apprehension,
emotional outbursts, stress, tenseness, fatigue, weakness, exhaustion, dry
mouth, nausea, light-headedness, dizziness, fainting, black-out, blurred
vision, confusion, disorientation, attention deficit, poor thinking, poor
memory, poor concentration, impaired judgment, problem solving deficit,
reduced pain threshold, headache, trembling, twitching, shivering, muscle
tension, spasm, stiffness, abdominal cramps, and bloatedness.
Overbreathing behavior (resulting in CO2 deficit), may trigger or
exacerbate acute and chronic conditions in predisposed individuals:
phobias (e.g., public speaking), migraine phenomena, hypertension, attention
disorder, asthma attacks, angina attacks, heart attacks, panic attacks,
hypoglycemia, ischemia (e.g., tissue hypoxia), depression, epileptic
seizures, sexual dysfunction, sleep disturbances, allergy, irritable bowel
syndrome, repetitive strain injury, and chronic fatigue.
Accuracy: +/- 2% of reading or +/- 2 mmHg, whichever is greater
Size: 5” X 3.75” X 1.5.” Weight: 7 oz.
Color: bone white
Power source: USB connector
Range: 0-60 mmHg or 0-8% CO2. CO2 response time:
CapnoTrainer M: $3,300.00
Starter Kit: $200.00
DVD tutorial, 100 nasal cannulas, 12 filters
Forms and Documents CD
Multiuser Software Application: $600.00
Operate 8 CapnoTrainers (Version M only)
simultaneously on a single computer.
Extended Warranty Program: $400.00
Replaces standard one year warranty
2 years: defects, accidental damage, misuse
HOW TO MAKE A PURCHASE
Biofeedback Resources International
1.877.669.6463 or 1.914.762.4646
109 Croton Ave, 2nd Floor, Suite #5, Ossining, NY 10562
Group Instructional System for Learning Good
An EDUCATIONAL CAPNOMETRY instrumentation system for simultaneous carbon dioxide
(CO2) monitoring of up to 8 learners at a time.
To learn more about breathing training, please see the following:
The software runs on PC computers and operates within Windows 98
(second edition), Millennium, 2000, NT, XP, Vista, & Seven environments.
Observe the following physiology:
- CO2 waveform, in mmHg: airflow pattern
- Breathing rhythmicity: breath holding, gasping
- End-tidal CO2 (ETCO2), in mmHg: overbreathing
- Coordinating breath: rate and depth
- Breathing rate averages, in breaths per minute
- Heart Rate, beat to beat calculations: heart rate variability
- Breathing Heart Wave (BHW): parasympathetic tone
- BHW amplitude, in beats per minute: degree of relaxation
- Heart Rate (HR) averages (traditional measurement)
- Multiple heart wave frequencies (HF/LF/VLF)
- Frequency analysis of heart rate variability (HRV DFT)
- Differential autonomic nervous system measurements
- Signals displayed alone and in multiple combinations
- Signals displayed in multiple graphic formats
- Live history screens, showing whole or part of session
- Evaluation, training, and observational screens
- Multi-graph and multi-signal data review screens
- Zoom function, select graph & signal
- Gain & Auto-gain
- Signal offset & Auto-center
- Screen sweep time, slower/faster
- Freeze screen immediately
- Pause screen, end of sweep
- Refresh screen
- Signal hiding
- Averaging function
- Set signal threshold & auto-threshold
- Audio feedback for signal changes (options menu)
- Event marker, draws line and records note
- Select predefined task periods, e.g., baseline
- Data recording on/off, pause, and erase
- Print screen options, live or recorded data screens
- Save “screen feature” adjustments to trainee name
- Save sessions to “trainee” files/names
- Select from among easy to use graphical data reports
- Review recorded data in “tape recorder” fashion
- Review, format, and save graphical reports as desired
- Digital cursor for numerical readout on graphs
- Generate automatic Quick reports and Excel reports
- Select predefined evaluation and training schedules
- Define your own automated task schedules
- Use built-in breathing questionnaire form
- View HELP windows for education and teaching
- Read detailed INFO HELP screens for each screen display